Software Secured is an application security firm located in Ottawa, Ontario. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers using a suite of services and products. Software Secured is a place where the curious come to grow. Curiosity, ownership, and humility are at the forefront of our core values and we are constantly striving to make Software Secured an awesome place to work where people can learn, be leaders in their space, and share their knowledge with others. We want to continue building an organization of ambitious, smart people who are committed to our mission and focused on overall company success. Software Secured is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer.
As an Intermediate Application Security Engineer at Software Secured, you will have the opportunity to help our clients secure their mission-critical applications. This includes performing security code review, web, mobile, and network security tests. Help clients with security design reviews, threat modeling, and remediation strategies.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven and take ownership of the quality of their own work as well as the team’s deliverables. The individual will be motivated and passionate about application security and take pride in spreading the word and helping developers write secure code. You will be a part of the local and global security community and care about pushing the status quo. He/she will also have an affinity for security best practices and vulnerability exploits.
What you get:
- Work from home schedule (up to 100% during COVID)
- Part of a fast-growing, exciting, and challenging environment.
- You will receive a budget for speaking at conferences and meetups.
- You will be mentored by senior staff.
- You will receive time and a budget for training.
- You will receive a competitive salary.
- You will be provided with perks such as company lunches on Thursdays.
- You will receive a great health benefits package.
- You will work closely with the founder and other senior technical staff.
- You will receive a free audible account
- You will receive a minimum of 3 weeks' vacation.
- Our famous AK Nitro Gaming Chair so you can pentest in style :) A picture here: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1283_1333_1334&item_id=086607
- Share our core values (please see below).
- At least 1 year of performing application, mobile, or desktop penetration testing.
- Strong software development background in one or more of Python, .NET, Ruby or Java.
- You have done CTFs (Capture The Flag) in a competitive manner.
- Bonus points for an OSCP or GWAPT.
- Expert with OWASP Top 10 and can explain them easily.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Open-source contributions
- Public speaking experience
- Performing training in a professional capacity
- Teaching experience, preferably security or CS topics
What we care about
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best, humility is the key to remain the best.
- Own it: our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem, we are not afraid of diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold: we take huge risks so our clients can minimize theirs, taking risks is part of what we do daily so we ensure the highest impact of our solutions.