About the Company:
Software Secured is an application security firm located in Ottawa, Ontario. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers using a suite of services and products. At Software Secured we are on a mission to empower technology teams with the necessary skills and resources needed to deliver safe and secure software for everyone.
Software Secured is a place where the curious come to grow. Curiosity, ownership, and humility are at the forefront of our core values and we are constantly striving to make Software Secured an awesome place to work where people can learn, be leaders in their space, and share their knowledge with others. We want to continue building an organization of ambitious, smart people who are committed to our mission and focused on overall company success.
As a Business Development Representative at Software Secured, you will have the opportunity to play a vital role in prospecting new leads, nurturing existing leads, and contributing to the overall growth of the company in other measures. We are seeking an ambitious, energetic and talented busines professional to join our team. This role involves researching companies and contacts, inbound and outbound campaigns, generating leads, and qualifying each opportunity and closing deals. If you’re someone who is energetic, persistent, creative, and keen to help people solve their business problems and gaps, we’d love to meet you.
As a Business Development Representative at Software Secured, your key responsibility is to proactively source prospects and qualify them through email campaigns and phone calls. You may also be responsible for managing existing customers and prospects requests via our website, email, or by phone. In addition, you may also be involved in assisting the marketing team with inbound lead generation for the website through engagement initiatives. Your role at Software Secured will be rather cross-functional, to include but not be limited to those responsibilities listed above. You will have a lot of autonomy in your role and we will work to mold the position and its responsibilities around your interests and personal development goals.
The Responsibilities day-to-day:
- Research companies that fit our target market with a deep understanding of the problem we are working to solve
- Prospect new leads from demand generation activities
- Run inbound and outbound campaigns
- Generate qualified leads over the phone and through e-mail
- Track data, findings, and leads
- Manage clients and prospects in the lead pipeline
- Schedule meetings with qualified prospects
- Learn with an open mind from prospects, campaigns, conversations, and data to generate new ideas, take decisions, and think creatively
- Share your discoveries, successes, and failures with the team so we can learn, offer help when needed, and celebrate successes
- Learn and execute a proven process to generate new business opportunities
- Manage our suite of lead generation, and prospecting tooling
- Strong follow-up, time management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Manage and maintain leads pipeline in Pipedrive, Active Campaign/Hubspot
- Participate in business development meetings and events
- Experience with SaaS is a plus
- Business to business sales experience is an asset
- Understanding modern technology or application security in a bonus
- Strong phone and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Active listener – can easily determine customer needs
- Highly motivated with an engaging personality and strong attention to detail
- Hands-on self-starter who can implement and conclude projects
- Familiarity working in marketing and sales or business development environment which deploys a campaign approach to market
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Why we’re a great place to work:
- Flexible, work from home options (especially during COVID)
- Fun, collaborative team environment
- Medical/dental benefits
- Flexible work hours
- A budget for speaking at conferences and meetups
- A budget and time for training
- Stock options
- The option to work remote occasionally
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Free catered team lunches every Thursday
- Snacks and coffee
- Monthly team outings
- Mentorship by senior staff
- Free parking
What we care about:
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured's mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best, humility is key to remain the best.
- Own it: our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem, we are not afraid at diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold: we take huge risks so our clients can minimize theirs, taking risks is part of what we do daily so we ensure the highest impact of our solutions
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter on why you think you'd be a great fit for the role.