Software Secured is an application security firm located in Ottawa, Ontario. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers using a suite of services and products. At Software Secured, we provide technology companies with a new way to write and ship secure code. We help them reduce their risk and deliver safe and secure software for everyone.
Software Secured is a place where the curious come to grow. Curiosity, ownership, and humility are at the forefront of our core values and we are constantly striving to make Software Secured an awesome place to work where people can learn, be leaders in their space, and share their knowledge with others. We want to continue building an organization of ambitious, smart people who are committed to our mission and focused on overall company success.
As a Marketing Coordinator at Software Secured, you will have the opportunity to play a vital role in prospecting new leads, nurturing existing leads, working with existing clients and contributing to the overall growth of the company in other measures. We are seeking an ambitious, energetic and talented marketer to join our team. This role involves researching and seeking out companies and contacts, running inbound and outbound campaigns, and generating quality leads. If you’re someone who is energetic, persistent, creative, and keen to help people solve their business problems and gaps, we’d love to meet you.
The Responsibilities day-to-day:
- Create and manage a regular newsletter
- Manage the content calendar
- Prospect new leads from demand generation activities
- Engage with our clients for feedback and testimonials
- Oversee website
- Run inbound and outbound campaigns
- Contact qualified leads over the phone and through e-mail
- Track data, findings, and leads
- Schedule meetings with qualified prospects
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter who can implement and conclude projects
- Familiarity working in marketing and sales or business development environment which deploys a campaign approach to market
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Willingness to learn
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Bonus if you have experience working with tools like Wordpress, Elementor Pro, Google Analytics, and Intercom
Why we’re a great place to work:
- Fun, collaborative team environment 🎉
- Medical/dental benefits 🦷
- Flexible work hours ⌚
- A budget for speaking at conferences and meetups 🎤
- A budget and time for training 🥇
- Stock options 💰
- The option to work remote occasionally 🏡
- 3 weeks of vacation 🌞
- Free catered team lunches every Thursday 🍕
- Snacks and coffee ☕
- Monthly team outings 🎳
- Mentorship by senior staff 👏
- Free parking 🚗
What we care about:
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured's mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best, humility is key to remain the best.
- Own it: our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem, we are not afraid at diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold: we take huge risks so our clients can minimize theirs, taking risks is part of what we do daily so we ensure the highest impact of our solutions
Our Hiring Process:
- If we think you might be a good fit you will be invited to a 30-minute phone interview.
- you will be asked to complete a short project, and if we like the work you put in,
- you will be invited to a face-to-face interview to discuss your experience.
- If all goes well, we will have another interview to talk more about you. If we both like each other, you will be hired 😀
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter on why you think you'd be a great fit for the role.